With the availability of Google Gears, web-applications can go offline(ofcource only the ones that support Gears)… Is that all? No, you can get more… All you have to do is to Grease the Gears for smoother and better experience.
Here is an example.
Now, Google Reader works with Gears and is available offline... well, not the entire application is offline... The Search feature is gone, when you switch to offline-mode...
Here is a greasemonkey script that enables you to search your data in offline mode. Of course this search may not be as intelligent as Google Search, but it is something.
Offline-Reader PLUS GreaseMonkey ~ Online-Reader
You can keep track of information you want as a history in the cache and retrieve them when you visit that site again. What you want to store – is left to your necessity & imagination!!!
If you find any interesting use, do let me know.
- GearsMonkey is a Google project to enable you inject Gears code into applications that do not support Gears! No activities yet, but keep an eye on it.
- http://userscripts.org/ has a repository of GreaseMonkey userscripts which you can use/contribute
- GreaseSpot.net is the GreaseMonkey blog site
- If you want to write your own userscripts, you might also need WebDeveloper and FireBug extenstions for FireFox. Check them out even if you dont want to.
- ... and yeah, I know the title is cool.